I am getting closer to realizing the final goal of a book with 11x17 pages. Today I made another test book, this one is quite a bit more involved than the last one! The last book I made had the pages bound with thread then glued to the spine of the cover, this one has the pages bound together and then the whole block of pages was bound to cloth and then the cloth was glued to the cover. Hopefully this allows the pages to turn more freely.. (as well as looking a bit better).
When we first saw the signs that things were different we knew that it would come to this. It was years ago, things had already changed, but it wasn't out in the open. Then something happened. What was once on the fringes of our gift-giving and sharing gnawed its way right into the heart of the celebration.
This is part two of a continuing series of instructional posts. This series is about how to make a hard cover book. In this part we will go over the joining of the two covers and lining the inside covers with fabric. If you have not read it yet please refer to the first part of the series right here before reading this one.